top of page

5 Toxic Plants To Look Out For This Spring


Daffodils are toxic to dogs and cats, and you should be careful if you have them growing on your lawn or if you're walking your dog through a field that's full of them. Daffodils contain small crystals that can cause severe tissue irritation.


Take care if you're planning to plant tulips in the garden. The most poisonous part of a tulip is the bulb. Your dog can become ill if they're digging up your prized flowers while they're still underground.


Dog's can't always tell the difference between beautiful houseplants and tasty treats so if you plan to keep a houseplant in your kitchen or living room, make sure you store it somewhere that your dog or cat can't reach.


Every part of the oleander plant is poisonous to dogs and cats. ingesting it can have a nasty, even a fatal effect on the heart. Oleander plants can grow quite high, so be careful that your dog or cat doesn't get curious and have a taste.


Lilies are particularly toxic to cats. Pollen gets onto their skin when they're playing out in the garden, and they ingest it when they clean themselves later on. Even a small ingestion can cause serious kidney problems, which can be fatal if left untreated.

If your pet displays any symptoms, or if you know they've eaten something they shouldn't, contact us straight away.


DGSA Logo 1.png
bottom of page